CAR COLLECTOR 1998 SEPT - CAMARO, '48 356, PACKARD 12
Within this issue you will discover the following topics:
1) 1970 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS: Super Sporty Rally Sport by David W. Temple
2) 1961 Buick Invicta Custom: Experimenting On The Wild Side by Dennis David
3) Porsche--A Simple Car From Austria: As Porsche Commemorates Its 50th Year, "Car Collector" Pays Tribute To The Legendary German Automaker With A Feature On The Oldest 356 Coupe In The World, The 1948 Gmund Limousine by Dennis Adler
4) 1934 Packard Twelve Model 1107 Coupe-Roadster: The Most Handsome Of Ray Dietrich's Signature Designs by Dennis Adler
5) 1948 Hudson Step-Down Pickup: A Radical New Design From The Postwar Era by Lee Beck
6) A Part We Can't Replace...A Time We Won't Forget: The Frank Sinatra We Knew by Thomas D. Murray
7) The Meguiar's Award: Pebble Beach Concours' Chairmen Selected As The Collector Car Hobby's "Person(s) Of The Year"
8) Old Cars In Law: A Minor Disagreement--Learning Irresponsibility At An Early Age
9) Commercially Speaking: Copper State '98--The Phoenix Convention Of The American Truck Historical Society
10) Postwar Cars: Pontiac Fiero--Trying To Be Two Things At Once
11) Impressions: The Auburn Boattail Speedster--Elegant, Powerful, And Always The Center Of Attention
12) Future Classics: 1998 Camaro Z28--The Popular Chevrolet Is At A Crossroad
13) 20 Years Ago: Car Collector No. 9--September 1978
14) Collector Car Clinic: Brakes--Hydraulic Drum-Type Adjustments
15) Along The Road: 1961 Cadillac Flower Cars
16) Auction news
17) Restoration tips
18) New products
Plus other collector car items.
COVER: We cover the gamut of car collecting in this issue; from a world-renown sports car manufacturer celebrating its golden anniversary to a rare Hudson design. Can you tell if the Auburn Speedster is real or an impression? Turn to page 58 to find out. Camaro photo by David W. Temple, Auburn photo by Joseph P. Greeves, Porsche photo by Dennis Adler, and Hudson photo by Lee Beck.